NHL Goals of the Week
I was excited to see the NHL post this video of the top ten goals from the past week on the web, because none of my hockey videos thus far have included any scoring. Thankfully, I can move away from the bruising and fighting for a moment to enjoy some hockey artistry at work.
I tend to think that a lot of these plays are somewhat overrated; after all, they do always have to fill ten spots. But here are my particular favorites from this week’s plays:
- No. 10: Evgeni Malkin makes a split-second decision as he shuffles the backhand to Maxim Talbot for the finish
- No. 9: Olli Jokinen inadvertently knocks the puck into the air on a rush, then bats it out of the air on the way down and into the net
- No. 7: Pavel Datsyuk makes the shovel pass out of heavy traffic to Johan Franzen, who goes side-to-side for the backhand finish
- No. 3: Mark Streit fools Zdeno Chara, arguably the best one-on-one defender in the league, and zips a snap-shot by Tim Thomas
- No. 1: Henrik Sedin catches the puck in mid-stride, pulls a spin move then pivots right-to-left to freeze the D for the slapshot
But it’s good to see some nice hockey plays nonetheless, and hopefully we’ll see some more very soon.
No comments yet.